Sunday, January 22, 2006

Double Sinks








































In all the houses and apartments I have lived in, I miraculously managed to make it all work with a single bathroom sink. I don't know how I did it...brushing teeth at least twice a day, washing face and hands, and an occasional delicate-clothes washing...

Spending this winter in Arizona, referred to as "Land of Plenty" by the locals, I am finally able to function with some semblance of normalcy in my daily routine. Teeth are brushed and face is washed at left sink ONLY. Hand washing ONLY at right side. Vase filling at left side. Right sink as a receptacle for spitting unwanted tastes or blood drawn from incidental (no pun intended), aggressive flossing. Right side for washing items, such as combs and hairbrushes, after each use.

Distant is the day that I wash any garment in the sink for there is a washing machine and dryer here, nestled comfortably in their very own room.

I shudder to think of the abhorring conditions I will encounter whence back in New York. If only there was more space in the apartments to include double sinks so that I would not be forced to, once again, conduct my grooming as a complete savage, devoid of dignity and utterly lacking self-respect. If only, I say!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for your support.

12:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

back in jersey, i had to rinse my toothbrush in the goddamn toilet.

9:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you for the free ad

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home